LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set 45300
This set is based upon the latest science standards and was created to enhance students' curiosity and science skills. The set is delivered in a storage bin along with sorting trays, labels, a Smarthub, a Medium Motor, Motion Sensor, a Tilt Sensor, and enough building elements for two students.
The accompanying desktop and tablet supported software provides an easy-to-use programming environment and includes the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack, which covers life, physical, earth, and space sciences, as well as engineering. The accompanying eLearning program helps teachers to become confident users of the WeDo 2.0 Core Set.
Every WeDo 2.0 Core Set is delivered in a sturdy, plastic storage bin that comes with a sorting tray and contains:
- 280 LEGO system building elements
- WeDo 2.0 Smarthub – The Smarthub is an electronic system based building brick that is part of the LEGO Power Functions (LPF) 2.0, a new technology platform for LEGO Education. It has built-in Bluetooth low energy to wireless connect to the control software/App. It is powered from a battery source, 2 AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack. It has two I/O ports to connect to external motors, sensors or any new component belonging to the LPF 2.0 system. It has a built-in RGB light surface that can show up to 10 different colors that be controlled by the software/App
- Medium Motor – The Medium Motor can be programmed to clockwise and counter-clockwise and to move at different power levels. Axles or other LEGO® system bricks and other LEGO elements can be attached to the motor.
- Motion sensor – The Motion Sensor detects objects within a range of 15 centimeters depending on the design of the object. The motion sensor can also be used as a range detector and can detect if an object is close or far away (up to 15 cm).
- Tilt sensor – The Tilt Sensor reports the direction it is tilted. A new functionality in the WeDo 2.0 Tilt sensor is “shake” mode. The Tilt Sensor detects changes within six different positions: Tilt This Way, Tilt That Way, Tilt Up, Tilt Down, No tilt, Any tilt (shake).
- Sticker sheet for labeling sorting tray compartments
The WeDo 2.0 Core Set contains all of the building elements required to build the Get Started Project, along with the base and design library models featured in the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack.
Two students share one core set to boost collaboration skills.
The LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 curriculum pack is built on Next Generation Science Standards and delivers key science content to second through fourth grade students.
The curriculum facilitates and supports a clear, easy-to-follow journey through subjects, including: life-, physical-, earth- and space sciences, and engineering. Features projects totaling more than 40 hours of instructional content.
Software and apps
The WeDo 2.0 software provides an excellent platform for science learning, offering an innovative way for students to model reality, conduct investigations, and use design skills.
Programming is an important part of 21st century learning. The WeDo 2.0 software teaches programming in an intuitive way – letting students bring their creations to life while sharpening computational thinking skills like logical reasoning, pattern recognition, and modeling simulations. The software also features a colorful drag and drop interface that is easy for students to use and understand.
The WeDo 2.0 software lets you:
- Access the curriculum pack
- Access to Get Started, Guided and Open Projects
- Program your models
- Access the digital building instructions and receive programming guidance
- Use the integrated Documentation tool